Re: Can't get DNAT to port forward SSH

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 02:39:22AM -0500, S . Salman Ahmed wrote:
> $IPTABLES  -t nat -A PREROUTING\
> 	   -i eth0 -s <SomeIPAddress>\
> 	   -p tcp -d <CableISPassignedIPaddress>\
> 	   --dport 22 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.2

That looks fine.

> $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i eth0 -m state --state NEW,INVALID -j DROP

Only looked at your rule set briefly but I think that is the line that
is killing you.  You will need a line to specifically forward tcp
blabla.. (basically matching your DNAT rule) to your internal address.

P.S. Your configuration appears to be of the "default accept" nature,
rather than "default drop."  I would recommend a complete re-write to
drop and log by default, and then write rules to allow just those things
you need. :)  But hopefully the above answers your actual question.

--

Jim B.
vader@conflict.net