Re: access to icq

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 12:52:37PM +0100, John Smiths wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:37:54 +0700 "Abu H R" <abu@nirwanalestari.com> wrote:
> > In squid 2.4, i don't know why the client still be able
> > connect to icq, even the port to http was blocked.
> > how the icq work and use what port?
> > thank's a lot
>
> You can set ICQ 2000b to use a HTTPS proxy to connect to the
> ICQ server. Yet I don't know how it works. But it works and i
> can connect to the ICQ network using squid as a proxy. Bye.

This may be so, but he will still have to disable IP forwarding
or add some rules to his forward chain to stop people using the
old ICQ protocol an bypassing Squid altogether.

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood@kingsley.co.za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies