Re: VPN and @Home

Hi!

On 25 Jun 2001, at 22:39, Ken Seefried wrote in a personal reply:

> >> @Home is blocking a port! I get the same response from @home here. I'm
> >> thinking of the following solution:
> >
> > In this case I will recommend CIPE.
> > http://sites.inka.de/sites/bigred/devel/cipe.html
>
> I was about to recommend the same thing.  CIPE works quite well.
> You could also use http-tunnel
> (http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html), stunnel
> (http://www.stunnel.org/) or OpenSSH (www.openbsd.org) depending on your
> exact needs.

And it would probably also work with Zebedee (Zlib compression, Blowfish
encryption, Diffie-Hellman key agreement) which also uses just a simple TCP-
connection and there also exists a Win32-port ...
http://www.winton.org.uk/zebedee/

Alternatives enough in a (GPL-)free world :-)

bye Josef
--
 BERGMANN engineering & consulting  http://bec.at/

       Reason, too late perhaps, may convince you of the folly of
       misspending time.
                                        - George Washington