Accounting with ipchains

Hi!

I have some firewalls wih ipchains running (Kernel 2.2.19, Debian potato
otherwise)(but far away from being configured perfectly, I suppose).

I now would like our central bastion, which dows all the rputing between
internal, external and DMZ as well, to count some of (special rules like
recipient in a special IP adress range) the packets goung through it.

Ipchains can do this, but I haven´t found a howto or so that answers my
questions.

Can anyone who does it him/herself or knows of resources help?

Thanks a lot, Norman.

Norman Schmidt             Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg
cand.chem.                 Sysadmin Wohnheimnetzwerk RatNET
mailto:schmidt@naa.net