Re: Changes to /etc/init.d/networking

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 06:22:53AM -0600, Stefan Srdic wrote:
> Evil? I though ECN would be a good thing since my machine acts as a DNS server,
> SAMBA server and Masquerading server for a small LAN. Was I wrong in my
> assumtion?

Currently some Firewalls on the Internet will block ECN Connections. For
example large sites like Microsoft/Hotmail where a problem. I'm not sure if
the Internet is ready for this. Generally I'm not sure if we should ship
debian with networking defaults which deviate from the default kernel that
much. If it is proofen that it will give better performance in most cases i
wonder why the kernel does not ship those defaults (this is aimed at all
those settings in the suggested enhancement of the script).

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --