FTP from firewall host and intranet?

Hello,

I am trying to get active AND passive ftp working. FTP should be
working both from the firewall host itself as well as the two machines
on my intranet. The biggest problem seems to be the active ftp. I have
now blocked every port I don't explicitely allow, so the data
connections the ftp server tries to set up are blocked at the moment.
Do I have to open up all the non-priviliged ports or what? ip_masq_ftp
is loaded but I think it doesn't receive any connection requests
because the connection requests are rejected in my input chain. What
ipchains lines do I need to support both ftp modes?

Greetings,

Ringo
--
**  Ringo De Smet         Ringo.DeSmet AT bigfoot.com  **