Re: 2 Nic cards

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 10:48:28PM -0500, Eileen Orbell wrote:
> I am building a debian firewall box as a senior project.  What is the best
> way to install and config 2 Nic cards (PCI Linksys)  Would I install one
> before I install Debian?  Then install the other or probe for both during
> the install?  Any other things I need to consider.

I have read docs saying you need to pass command lines to the kernel to
tell it to probe for >1 NIC (of the same type); however when I did it
with 2 Linksys Etherfast LNE100TX cards, I just plugged them in and the
kernel detected them both without any help from me.  Maybe it depends on
the driver.  Give that a shot though and see what happens; if it only
sees one, there are some docs on linuxdoc.org that will tell you what
parameters you might need.

HTH.

--

Jim B.