Re: FW: Help! ipmasqadm problem - Help its still not working

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 09:12:15AM -0500, Brian Kimsey-Hickman wrote:
> Yes, I did.  However some sources that I read had the 1 placed in quotations
> to look like this:
>
>      echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>
> The reason for this I am not sure.  This type of scripting is new to me.

Somewhere in the back of me head this little voice wispers:

   it's because some older shells automagically switched from integers
   to strings and vice versa, and sometimes it matters whether it's an
   integer or a string, so the habbit of making it explicit.

However, I'm not sure that voice is sane:)

--
groetjes, carel