Re: FW: Help! ipmasqadm problem - Help its still not working

I don't think you want to set the forward policy to MASQ.

I have never used ipmasqadm, but how about trying this:

ipchains -F # flush all rules
ipchains -X # get rid of any user defined chains too
ipmasqadm portfw -f
ipchains -P output ACCEPT
ipchains -P forward ACCEPT
ipchains -P output ACCEPT
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ipforward
ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.56.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0 -i eth1 -j MASQ
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 207.202.255.134 80 -R 192.168.56.10 80

if you have ipchains -P forward MASQ it will "masqerade"
incoming stuff and outgoing stuff instead of just outgoing
stuff.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 02:24:00PM -0500, Brian Kimsey-Hickman wrote:
> The strange thing is, it seems to make sense.  But, it is
> still not forwarding.  I thought if I set the policy to MASK
> and everything else to ACCEPT that would leave it wide open.
> Once I got the firewall to forward then I could tighten the
> script.  It just seems that no matter what I do I cannot
> forward to my web server.  I did set the forward policy to
> DENY.  It still does not work.
[snip]

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/