Re: Port Forwarding

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Mark Zielinski wrote:

> Port forwarding is enabled as follows
>
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L [Real Address] 80 -R [Local Address] 80
>
> The webpage can be viewed externally with no problems.
> However, internally i have to enter the local ip or I cannot see the page.
>
> Any ideas ?

It's right!
If you have a nat or a port forward, the front end machine don't re-route
traffic internally.
If you want to see the internal web server using domain name you must put
in your hosts file the domain name as:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  	www.domain.example
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your internal IP. This operation on hosts file
needs when you have virtual domains to try.

D.

Danilo Antonelli
D.Antonelli@ieee.org
dantonelli@starmaster.org