Re: New debian package: firestarter

Hello.

On lun, 22 ene 01, a las 04:13 Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Peña wrote:

> 	I'm about to send to upload a new package: firestarter and easyfw, two graphic
> programs (Gnome and Tcl/Tk respectively) to build firewall rules. I feel that
> both are useful, although not as much as I would like to however.
> 	Their inclusion, however, does raise an issue here: Where should firewall
> scripts be installed? Is there a standard place so they will be read on startup?
> Firestarter uses /etc/firewall/ (easyfw does not provide any default).

Hum. If you are talking about configuration scripts, I think that's a question of debian policy. A number of times, the best place to put links to init firewall script has been discussed here, and it seems there isn't a unique answer.

About the place for configuration scripts, I'm thinking in qmail. Original package puts them in /var/qmail, but debian packager adds links to them in /etc/qmail.

Bye.
--
He pedido drivers para Linux. Nº 00073030:
http://www.libranet.com/petition.html

José Esteban
Granada. Spain.