Re: Masquerading Problem

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Jean-Francois JOLY wrote:

     I have a problem with IP Masquerading on a debian box,
     I just installed a FireWall based on Debian 2.2 on a ADSL link (French provider
     "Oleane") with a static IP.
     I run PPPoE to connect and it's just going smoothly.
     I've set up squid and client PC can surf perfectly but I can't manage to make
     them access the net through masquerading. They can establish the connection but
     they can't receive any data.
     For example with POP3, I use:
     ipchains -A forward -p tcp -s localnet/24 -d 0/0 80 -j MASQ

The ipchains app, as you can read in a previous mail, don't map an
internal IP port into the firewall, you have to do this job using
ipmasqadm.

I use the following sintax:

	ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L <firewall_external_ip> \
 		<firewall_port> -R <internal_host> <internal_port>

Good luck with it...

     In fact, I've tried many different configuration and none seems to work.

     The main purpose is to make an internal lotus notes server be accessible from
     the net with port forwarding.

You have to know the port number lotus notes are using, and then,
masquerade it into the firewall.

     Thanks to anybody who can help.