Re: Iptables FW under 2.4.0-test11

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, S.Salman Ahmed wrote:

>     MP>  Just iptables is required.  You've got to compile the support
>     MP> for the relevant natfilter components, which is the hard bit.
>     MP>
>
> How is compiling in support for the natfilter components hard ?

Just picking the right ones for your setup is a bit confusing.  Putting them
all in ("my, what a *big* kernel you have!") or compiling them all as
modules to be loaded when needed is the easiest fix for that, of course.

> A question about terminology, is netfilter == iptables ?
>
> As long as I can get NAT working right after the first reboot, I should
> be ok to figure out iptables. Debugging problems on a headless server
> can be a real pain!

I won't add anything to what Micahel Wood has said.  He covered everything I
was going to.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16@uow.edu.au