Re: forwarding

Hi

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 12:01:46PM -0700, Kevin wrote:
> Quick question as I haven't really used ipmasq that much.
> What ipchains rules would I add in order to have an ftpd
> running on port 5510 on 10.1.1.5 accessible from outside the
> internal network. I realize I have to forward both 5510 and
> 5509 but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I think a much better option in this case would be SuSE's ftp
proxy.  (Yes, I know I've said this before ;)

BTW, are you sure the ftp-data channel of your ftp server is on
port 5509?  I should think it would try to use port 20 even if
you have it running on port 5510, but that's just a guess.

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood@kingsley.co.za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies