Re: ftp proxy

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 02:21:24PM +0200, Michael Wood wrote:
> SuSE has developed a nice one.  Search for "proxy suite" on
> their web site.

Thanks.

> It allows internal users to connect to any site using
> "user@site" syntax, and external users are connected to one
> internal FTP site specified in the config file.

Is there something like a transparent proxy available? I'd like to have ftp
sessions in which the user does not even notice he's using a proxy.

I guess I could write one that routes all queries via squid.

> External users cannot use "user@site" syntax to connect to other
> FTP sites.  They are forced to connect to the FTP server
> specified in the config file.

That sounds good. I once patched FWTK's proxy to do exactly that. But their
licensing makes the software pretty unattractive.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!