Re: /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 03:18:04PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Is it correct that I have to set /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward to 1
> everytime I boot? Or did I miss a config option?
_IF_ you are doing this forwarding over a ppp link then you might want
to create an executable script and put it in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/

You can also put it into one of the networking scripts in /etc/init.d
but I am not sure which one (off hand) nor what is the proper debian
way of doing that (I would look for something that is setting up
ipchains (2.2.x kernel) or ipfw rules (2.0.x kernel).

--best, bill