Re: Newbie, someone have how-to on from-scratch Debian firewall?

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 07:44:19PM -1000, Brian Russo wrote:
> Yes, this is what I meant by transparent filtering, it's interesting because
> it pretty much eliminates any attack to 'own' the firewall, without an ip
> address.. connecting to it is well.. difficult.

True. But that means your internal sites are more open to an attack or did I
miss anything? In your usual setup the firewall is the only machine visible
from the internet and that has to change if it is completely transparent,
doesn't it?

Michael Meskes
Go SF 49ers! Go Rhein Fire!
Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!