Re: Newbie, someone have how-to on from-scratch Debian firewall?

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 07:44:19PM -1000, Brian Russo wrote:
> Yes, this is what I meant by transparent filtering, it's interesting because
> it pretty much eliminates any attack to 'own' the firewall, without an ip
> address.. connecting to it is well.. difficult.

True. But that means your internal sites are more open to an attack or did I
miss anything? In your usual setup the firewall is the only machine visible
from the internet and that has to change if it is completely transparent,
doesn't it?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes