Re: harden-debian script?

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 06:01:51PM -0700, Matthew Whitworth wrote:

> > I'm on Debian/woody, with adduser 3.19, perhaps this option is not
> > available in potato(stable) but considering that IIRC, that was only a
> > few minor releases away.. I'd find that a bit unlikely..
>
> Great.  But I'm on potato (the production version of Debian, btw), and
> you'll just have to take my word that that functionality is not in there.
> Thanks for pointing this out, though.  No need to add to the wishlist.

Ok, well I included that little disclaimer-esque note at the end, with the
thought that this might be the case. I don't have access to any potato systems
atm, so responding to such questions is always a bit iffy.

You might still want to consider filing a wishlist, to ask the maintainer to
get this into proposed-updates, hopefully the release cycle will be faster
this time around... but you never know.. it might get into a later minor
release of potato or not.. i don't think it would really hurt to ask,
your call.

 - brian.