RE: debian-firewall: routing GRE for PPTP VPNs.

To route the GRE traffic you need the ipfwd program. If you like I can send
you a ipfwd debian package. You have to patch the kernel too, at least I had
to do it for 2.2.16.

I am using the the following commands in my firewall script to enable PPTP
traffic to an internal Windows PPTP server:

ipchains -A forward -p tcp -s $host_pptp -d $any 1723 -j MASQ
ipchains -A forward -p 47 -s $host_pptp -d $any -j MASQ
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $ip_dmz 1723 -R $host_pptp 1723
nohup ipfwd --masq $host_pptp 47 > /dev/null &

Here $host_pptp ist the internal pptp server, $any is 0/0 and $ip_dmz is the
ip address of the external interface of my router.

Regards,
Werner