Re: port forward to MS Exchange IMAP

Robert Davies wrote:

<snipped very useful script example and someone else's initial reply>

> Perhaps something there was missing in the original questioners script.
> Sure if he checks over it, there'll be a mistake, usually I screwed up the
> ports, and the mark numbers.  Other possibilities are the rule chains, hosts
> and masks, and loading the modules.

Well, I am using pmfirewall, which does a fairly nice job of
setting up a strong ipchains ruleset, which I then customized.
Perhaps because I left the original IMAP port rule in?  I did
go over the port numbers and the mark numbers & they looked OK.
But maybe there's a ipchains rules generator friendlier to
this sort of effort?  Any recommendations here?

Also, I have to include the MPPE patch so that I can implement
PPTP.  I'm starting to think though that I should do a make
mrproper and do a whole new kernel all over again blending in
all that I have to add in from the IPCHAINS, IPMASQ, and the
PoPToP howtos, since I don't get a connection denied error, it
just sits there after I try the telnet to the IMAP port.

By the way, the box which needs to connect to the MS Exchange
IMAP is a Windows CE unit.  Anyone aware of any TCP issues or
gotchas with that?  Personally I'm waiting for a Linux based
web pad with a working Mozilla before I get my own handheld ...

Christopher Everett