Re: CPU for firewall machine?

We are running a 5x86/133 (super 486 basically) at my current work as a
firewall/router/internet server. Current uptime for this machine is 61
days.

It's mainly running ipmasq, squid, and exim (configured for mail
forwarding) and does light extra duty for my work email (since I'm the
only one who will NOT use outlook express) This machine's aparant main
bottleneck is the ISA bus transfer rate between the NICs and the CPU, as
it has a tendency to bog down a bit with multiple passed-through masq
connections.

For a three-way firewall you might want to use a PCI system instead, and
make all your interfaces 10/100.