Re: stange ports

  Why don't you try with one of theese commands to get which process
is using the socket:

# lsof | grep IPv4
portmap    125 root    3u  IPv4         46               UDP *:sunrpc
portmap    125 root    4u  IPv4         47               TCP *:sunrpc (LISTEN)
syslogd    268 root    4u  IPv4        150               UDP *:syslog
# netstat -tp
Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 localhost:xsftt         localhost:1025          ESTABLISHED 394/xfstt

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340             +46  173 140 57                    Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar         +46  70 511 97 84                  Computers
Sweden                                                       Consulting