Re: Ipchains

If you use ip_masq internal network have privite ip address(eg.
192.168.X.X or 10.X.X.X)
In this case machines from internal network canot access directly the
internet.All traffic from internal
network will be masquaraded.

I read your firewall script.
If you wish to create a good packet fillter you must start width:
deny all all
and insert roules for speciffic hosts or ports. This is a safe way for
creating a firewall script, but is not optimised.

A useful option of ipchains is -i (interface). You can accept any
traffic from internal interface and deny
any trafic from external interface. This option will be simplify your
firewall script !

Have a nice day !