exploits and vulnerabilities?
- To: "Firewallers" <email@example.com>
- Subject: exploits and vulnerabilities?
- From: "Paul Tod Rieger" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:25:30 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
I've minimized the number of services on my firewall as much as my network
requirements allow -- and double-checked the ports with nmap. All of them
are Debian packages, except for RealServer.
How do I learn more about the exploits/vulnerabilities to which those
services are susceptible? Do I even need to worry about this -- or is it
enough (reasonably) to keep up with the latest package updates?
Thanks for any "security process" tips!
always cover your obstacles with fire