Re: Connecting through firewall

> I work at EDS. Here, we have an https firewall that requires a
> login/password in order to open a connection to the internet. I want to
> set up a Debian box on our intranet that will be able to use console apps
> to access the internet (such as lynx, apt-get, lftp, etc...). Is there
For lynx  it might be helpful to set the https-proxy address and port in
/etc/lynx.conf. I don't know if it works, because I never tried this
option. I also don't know how lynx hadles login/password related to the
https server, but from version 2.2 a workaround was said to be included.

Hope it will work

Dwokfur