Re: question about SPF (mr Meskes, I suppose?)

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 01:23:35PM +0100, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
> just one remark. the only thing everyone seemed to forget to mention
> is that filtering udp packets is [simple?] packet filtering, not
> stateful packet filtering, as udp is stateless by nature.

Stateless in the network stack, not in the application. The most often used
types of UDP Traffic is "Request/Response" and "TCP Control Channel/UDP Answer
Stream" both can be filtered by an application which keeps state (like
ipautoportfw for example).

Greetings
Bernd