Re: Firewall On Slink

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 13:52:52 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
>I have been looking at the list of packages that are needed to build/run
>a bastion host (as described on the Debian Firewall page),  what I want to
>know is this list still upto date for Slink?

While I can't answer your question, I'd like to point you towards apt
which is perfect for installing minimal systems. When I pull up a new
bastion host, I install the base system and abort dselect.

When I feel that I need something (like ipchains, for example), I
simply do apt-get install ipchains and apt will automagically pull in
any packages ipchains needs.

Greetings
Marc