Re: NAT

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Darius Rudzika wrote:

> Last few month I'm analyzing Linux firewaling capabilities but I'm
> missing some of them. I'm talking about  NAT, how i can translate my
> internal IP's to external ones
> for eample 192.168.0.1 -> 193.231.12.1. . in case i have my owne C class
> adresses..

Ip Filter will do true NAT.  Don't think ipchains/ipfwadm will do it.  Ip
filter can be kind of tricky to compile and its primarily for *BSD and
Solaris but there is a Linux port.

A Link is available on my OpenSEC page (see the sig) under firewalls

 Matthew D. Franz                                  mdfranz@txdirect.net
 http://www.trinux.org                 Trinux: A Linux Security Toolkit
 http://www.opensec.net                OpenSEC: Open Security Solutions