Re: FIREWALL STRATEGY (What do you think?)

tho@thomsen.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de wrote:
> In message <[🔎] 19990502032838.A14347@finlandia.infodrom.north.de>, Martin Schulze
> writes:
> > tho@thomsen.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de wrote:
> [ICMP]
> > >  I think this is of more widespread interest and should be published not on
> > ly
> > > on the -firewall list. IMHO a (online, surely there are several TCP/IP book
> > s)
> > > description of ICMP is missing. Neither in the NET3-HOWTO, nor in Linux'
> > > Doumentation I found satisfying texts (in the Firewall-HOWTO ICMP isn't eve
> > > mentioned, OOps!).
> >
> > Please submit a proper chapter.  Even a bad formulated one would be better
> > than nothing, so please go ahead.
> >
>  Well, all I know about ICMP could been said in 2 or 3 sentences. I like to
> suggest someone else should do that job.

Wrong decision (imho).  You'd better find out more about ICMP, it
can't hurt to know something more.  I'm sure there are enough resources
on the net that may help you.

Apart from that, I lost track about the source of this discussion.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.