Re: Is my ISP hacked (II)?

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Manel Marin wrote:

 > Ops, I forgot to explain you my ISP tries to connect me to port 113 (auth) two
 > or four times every time I send messages with smail.
 >
 > This port is about NIS/NIS+ domain issues, isn't it?

nope
on port 113 there is an indent server running that gives the
owner of the process using those two ports involved in
the connection. it's consideres normal, since when you send mail, the
other server vants to authenticate the origin (usually for logging
reasons). don't know why 4 auth connects, tho, it's 1 using sendmail.

--
[-]
All trespassing cockroaches will be horribly mutilated -- tegla