about ipnat

Hi all,

I still stay on 2.0.38 ipnat-patched , for a box that pretends to recover the ip address
of a failed server to a working one. It's working greatly since 6 months.
We planned to upgrade the kernel to 2.2 but we found problems in patching ipnat there, we
thus left it unchanged so far.
Now I learn that ip things are moving fast, will the new netfilter supply for true-nat functions?
Will I still need to patch the kernel? What can I plan to use for this future?

Best regards
--
free source for free understanding