Redirecting http traffic to a different machine

I have a single static IP address from my IP.  I'm running a
Debian/slink system (kernel 2.0.36) on that IP address and
using IP masquerading to give my other two machines internet
access.  This machine is acting as a firewall, web and smtp server.
I'd like to offload the web and smtp services to an internal machine
and am having trouble forwarding the connections.

What is the best way to foward tcp connections people make to my
firewall to other machines on my internal class C net?  I'd like
it to be something lightweight -- ideally not an application level
proxy.

Excuse me if this is a FAQ.  I've read every FAQ and HOWTO on this
subject and must be missing something fundamental.

P.S. I've tried rules such as this to no avail:

ipfwadm -F -a accept -b -P tcp -S any/0 1024:65536 -D 192.168.1.101 80

I appreciate any help!

--
matt - http://www.lickey.com