Re: Debain Firewalls With Slink

Hi

-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Lillico +44 1785 782329 <graham.lillico@gecm.com>
To: Reply requested <debian-firewall@lists.debian.org>
Date: Tuesday, May 18, 1999 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: Debain Firewalls With Slink

>Can anyone take a look at my ipchains rules an tell me if they are ok, I
>did the rule from the ipchains howto but I not sure if I got them right, I
>have attached them to this email.

I have never used ipchains, so perhaps I'm not the best person to comment on
your rules, but I thought I'd mention that there was a thread not long ago
(I think it was on this list) about needing certain ICMP packets as well as
the things like TCP packets for telnet, HTTP, SMTP etc. that you allow for
already.

One other thing.  You should seriously consider using SSH instead of telnet.

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood@kingsley.co.za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies