Re: tcplogd causing minor accept() trauma in authsrv (fwtk)...

In article <19990425110704.A17984@itorp2c1.altabates.com>, Tor Perkins
<3c9x5@altabates.com> wrote:

>Do I _want_ to run tcplogd?  Is this a bug or a feature in tcplogd?

A bug. It looks like the identd-lookup-code of tcplogd kicks in _after_
the connection is already down. And so it doesn't get a valid user and it
looks like then it uses some garbled stuff that just happens to be in the
user-id field. I discovered this some time ago when I had no telnetd and
connected to this non-existing port: same result. Garbled user field.
There was some discussion on my bug-report that this is a known problem
and it might be fixed in some next upload of tcplogd. Look in the bugs to
the package iplogger for details, there is a patch against tcplogd that
should fix that problem.

bye, Georg

--
http://www.westfalen.de/hugo/