Re: Accessing machines behind a firewall

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Dean Carpenter wrote:

> Hmmm.  You should still be able to do all that with the Linux Router
> Project disk, eliminating the hard disk.  Just point the logging via
> syslog to another internal machine.
>
> I've had too many drives fail on me to really want to trust them to a
> "turn it on and leave for a year" type machine.  The floppy solution works
> very very well - I have it in use in a couple of places with a perfect
> record so far.

Do you really trust the floppy solution more than a sealed hard drive?
Even a better solution would be to use a solid state FLASH disk if you
want superior fault tolerance.

Best regards,
                                   Nick

Nick Busigin  ...Sent from my Debian/GNU Linux Machine...   nick@xwing.org

To obtain my pgp public key, email me with the subject: "get pgp-key"