Re: CAll for standard bastion smtp: ssmtp

Why couldn't we jury-rig ssmtp to work similar to the ftk structure ie

have ssmtp recieve the mail perhaps copying it to a particular
isoloated directory and then every minute or so have ssmtp or some other
process go back thru the "isolated directory" and send the pending
messages to sendmail....therefore keeping sendmail from talking directly
to the internet.

Maybe by having ssmtp listen to 25 and send to 127.0.0.1/5 where sendmail
is listening.

I may be getting over my head a bit so bear with me.

but if it could be done this way.....would it be secure?

	Henry Hollenberg     speed@barney.iamerica.net