Re: CAll for standard bastion smtp: ssmtp

On Tue, Mar 03, 1998 at 10:54:17AM -0600, Henry Hollenberg wrote:
> It's been suggested that ssmtp be used as the mail transport on the
> bastion prototype and there has been some discussion.
>
> #### Put your vote in Yeah or Nay #### with justification if you like.
>
> I'm leaning towards using it for simplicity sake....
>
> but it may not work out due to inability to handle mail routing issues
> that unfold...

	I thought ssmtp is only for local -> smarthost? Certainly this
	would do no good for mail routing.

	I personally would opt for qmail on the firewall. I know it's not
	freely distributable, but it's the best. Please remember to keep
	an option open for the local sysadmin to change things like this if
	he so wishes.
--
tv-nospam-sig-1@hq.yok.utu.fi - it's a valid address w/o spam