Re: Can't find libX11.so.6 also by absence of oldlibs/libX11

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Agustín Martín wrote:

> > > Just one possible addition for the FAQ, in the section
> > >
> > > Why do I get "Can't libX11.so.6" errors when I try to run foo?
> > > ==============================================================
> > > [...]
> >
> > Maybe I will just replace "a.out" by "libc5" in the answer :-)
>
> Well, in the kernel there is still support for a.out binaries, so I
> think you should not completely remove the reference to a.out, [...]

Removing a reference to a.out does not mean there may not be people
having a.out binaries. It would just mean that questions about a.out
are no longer "frequently asked".

The Debian FAQ has not to cover *every* case, past, present or future,
because then it would not be a FAQ but an enciclopaedia (mmm, is this the
right word?).

You are absolutely right in that having a libc5-linked X client is now the
most probably reason for this error message, so I will change the answer
for this question to reflect this fact.

--
 "a45837081fc2bafbc1a2ddf137c876c2" (a truly random sig)