Re: [debian.nl] Anyone going to Brussels this week?

On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 22:54, Joost van Baal wrote:
> (For those who don't know what this is about: the link is
> http://swpat.ffii.org/termine/2003/europarl/05/ .)
>
> I'm traveling to Brussels by train, thursdaymorning may 8.  I'll drive
> back to Eindhoven by car, with a friend.

Hi.  We didn't get to discuss the meeting in any depth.
Evidently we are going to have software patents in Europe;
equally evidently we are going to get software patent language
with qualifications that reflect lessons learned from the
American experience (and, hopefully, pressure from small
software developers).  It will be interesting to see what
those protections are.  A lot will ride on how the final
amendments are worded.  Which is alarming, because the
amendments I have read so far were not well written.  And
ambiguity in the law is always the enemy of the one who
can less afford lawyers.

I was just googling for news of the event but couldn't
find any mention of it.  If you find any related links,
please send them to me!
--
Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk>