Re: DDD meeting

On Tuesday 13 March 2001 12:08, software@stalemate.nl wrote:
> > On Monday 12 March 2001 15:35, Russell Coker wrote:
> > > . . .
> > > Since Russell is about to head off for Australia I figured we should
> > > try to have one before then. So:
> > >
> > > proposed date    : friday, March 16
> > > proposed location: Utrecht
> > >
> > > All in favour say `aye'!
> >
> > Aye
> > . . .
>
> Unfortunately this is rather short notice for me :-(  I would have let this
> cup pass my lips in silence were it not for Russell's announced departure
> (is this a permanent move?):  happy landings Down Under and we'll continue
> to catch you in the mailinglists!

I am attending a friend's wedding in Melbourne.  Then I'll return here, so
you'll have plenty of opportunities to catch up with me.

Where I am working they gave the go-ahead on Phase 1 of a major new Linux
project on the condition that I keep working here, which is OK as I was about
to make a similar offer to them (I won't keep working here unless they do
Linux).  ;)
Phase 1 is LDAP backend machines, Postfix mail relays, and Apache web
servers.  Phase 2 will be the fun part and involve some serious mail serving
functionality (which may require that I write some patches for extra
functionality in Postfix).  Phase 2 is some time away though and relies on
Phase 1 being successful.

One of the fun things that I am doing is writing documents on how Linux
machines should be run.  Everything must be in packages and the purpose of
every file on the system must be determined (and it must be possible to get a
list of files that don't match the criteria - cruft).

Does anyone have suggestions for requirements that I could put in my document
which could require Debian without actually saying so?

-