Re: Summary: Debian at O'Reilly Open Source Convention

Martin Schulze wrote:
> things have been sorted out for the upcoming O'Reilly Open Source
> Convention.  Here's a summary:
>
> The Debian project receives space for the booth donated by O'Reilly.
> They have also acknowledged to provide electricity and a table.  I'll
> have to ask for the size of the table and some chairs (please remind
> me if you don't hear anything about it).

> These people have acknowledged to staff the booth:
>
>   Evan Prodromou <evan@debian.org>
>   Scott Dier <sdier@debian.org>
>   "Noah L. Meyerhans" <frodo@morgul.net>

Ignore that, these folks entirely confused me and "pestered" me with
mails in the "wrong" thread.

It's Matt Kraai and Shaleh Perry who applied for the O'Reilly Conference.

>   Noah: SS20
>   Scott: m68k

So these are reserved for Usenix as well, sorry folks.

>   Is one of you able to provide a table and maybe table cloths (white
>   preferred) for the booth?  Same for chairs?
>
> What's still needed to doo?
>
>   Please check out <http://www.debian.org/events/booth> as well as
>   <http://www.infodrom.ffis.de/Debian/events/booth.html>.  I've
>   written some pieces up.
>
>   - Ensure that there will be enough staff all the time
>   - Ensure that there will be enough machines all the time
>   - Check out if posters can be pinned up (get them printed)
>
> If you want to negotiate with the O'Reilly folks on your own as
> well, dump me a line and I'll return the address(es).  I don't want
> to spread their address on a public and searchable web area, not
> sure if they're used in public, don't want to increase their spam
> income.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Life is too short to run proprietary software.  -- Bdale Garbee