exhibition kits

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 07:29:10PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > What I'd actually like to see if we can do is get some banners/posters
> > > created that we can reuse at events. If you can get a cost on them, and
> > > agree to manage their use, I think it can be done.
> >
> > Yes, agreed.  We need some "exhibition kit" placed in several parts
> > of the world.
> >
> > Sorry if I sounded harsh but I'm really serious about this issue.
>
> This is the type of "funding" I was refering to. Obviously I don't want
> to start paying for boothes or we will be broke. Reusable items that we
> retain are one thing. I'm not suggesting we start paying for returnables
> like boothes, tables, etc.

I would heartily recommend putting together some kind of affordable
"exhibition kit".  Every time I've seen a Debian booth (well, only
twice, in the LWE in New York) it's been pretty pathetetic on the face
of it.  It was fun, of course, putting faces to names that I've seen,
but I think some effort should be made in terms of having a booth be a
more visible less, uh, amateurish.

If there's any will to get this done, I might be able to hook folks up
with some pro-bono designer types who have experience with such
things...

A topic for debian-project ?

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>