Re: FOSDEM

Hi Xavier,

if you are going ahead with the USB sticks then I think it would be good
to make a larger bunch of them for events with Debian presence in
general. And having a batch of them at FOSDEM would be welcome.

Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> writes:

> Hi there!
>
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:06:01 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 15:55, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
>>
>> > Instead it would be greate to create USB Sticks with Debian Installer on
>> > them and sell them (below cost if enough sponsoring is found). An USB
>> > Stick is more likely to boot todays systems and can be easily updated or
>> > reused for other things when the installer becomes too old. CD/DVDs you
>> > just have to throw away.
>>
>> I don't think there is much incentive to buy yet another USB thumb
>> drive.
>
> I disagree, knowing that you can re-use a USB stick, I would be happy
> to have one with the Debian logo on it.
>
> Please note that Xavier Oswald (cc:ed) and debian.ch are in the
> process of producing some:
>
>   http://lists.debian.ch/community@lists.debian.ch/2010/msg00134.html

I only have one stick so far and having one with grml and one with debian
as well as one to copy files around wouldn't hurt. And some other people
from the local LUG probably want one too.

>> What about a pre-loading station where people can choose what
>> install media they want and then have them copied to their drives
>> automagically? I don't if Debian has something similar to grml's
>> grml2usb with support for parallel images or this could be adapted for
>> debian's needs, though.
>
> I guess we should adapt the already-existing infrastructure:
>
>   http://live.debian.net/
>
> Thx, bye,
> Gismo / Luca

MfG