Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth

Jan Wagner wrote:
  things - I'm a computer expert.
[...]
  If you ask me - I would stop selling stuff at a booth at
  all - so the situation was not intended, but after all I
  liked it.  And yes, I know that this is one feature visitors
  expect from a booth - but isn't Debian something that gives
  you *more* than you expect?  We even provide knowledge and
  real help at the booth (now coming to the next point).

I think users want to express their connection to our project. Selling posters/stickers/t-shirt (to get money) should not be the target, but serving our users/contributers some ways to express themself, should be a good reason to offer such things.

I agree.
We ask for donations (it is not our target, but we need them).
IMHO, in Europe for normal (private) users it is simpler to donate
money buying something than to send moneys.

ciao
	cate