Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth

Am 22.03.2009 um 14:11 schrieb Jan Wagner:

On Sunday 22 March 2009, Michael Mohn wrote:
Am 22.03.2009 um 09:34 schrieb Andreas Tille:
as the person who became responsible for the booth 5 days ago
before the event started I feel obliged to answer here.  At first
I admit I see your point and I admit that it might not have been
the best presence of Debian at a booth.  The reasons split up
into four parts.

there were only 5 days pre-flight? why? is such an event not sheduled
at least a year before it takes place?
thats hard.

The problem was, that the origin organisator of the booth droped out just 6
days before the event. Such things can happen ... in this case, the planed
equipment wasn't available anymore and it lacked in communication.

okay, thats hard. in that case it was a great work to get it going at last.

1. Stuffing the booth with projector and posters.
2. Stuffing the booth with T-Shirts and other fan stuff
3. Attention to visitors.
4. Handing over CDs/DVDs

In short: The Debian project did not made the best job at CLT his
year but I wonder whether it is rectified to only blame the
booth people for this.  And we should think twice whether we
should really try to copy "professional booth" behaviour for
events like this.

i think it is not about copying everything. but instead everyone
should learn their part. it's all about communication. and a
communication friendly environment.

Yes, the communication caused the problems for the preparation and stuffing.

yea, as always... thats the biggest of all problems i know ^^
but not only in organization. as when it come to serving the visitors.

bye,

Michael.