Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth

Am 21.03.2009 um 17:50 schrieb Alexander Reichle-Schmehl:

Hi!

Julien BLACHE schrieb:

What about a real booth? with counter and so on?
That would be best, of course, but it's often overkill or not
possible for a variety of reasons.

it's killing communication if you can't show the passers-by something
on their level (meant to be: NOT sitting on a desk and so on)
In this case, the table and chairs were provided by the organizers and
everybody had the same thing on their booth, I think. Which is often
the case.

Yes, while these Demo-Points with bar stools are very useful, they are
often simply not available.  In this case, the exhibition hall was the
foyer of the lecture hall building and Debian got some tables from
seminary rooms.

i think it is always possible to organize some sort of table like a bar-table or so used for all kinds of events and availible almost everywhere for like 10€ a day for rent...

That didn't stopped the people from other booths to stand, waiting for
visitors to come and greeting them eye to eye.

very right. but for me, it would certantly be easier, if i had a table to stand on, and not just look like another "ordinary" visitor. it will also be easier to draw attantion and to get the people ask you questions.

I wouldn't throw stools away, just put them in the background, just in
case there is a visitor, who gets something shown, which takes a bit longer.

PS:  I would also like to note, that the organizers of this event did
take care, that there are tables, banks and more or less quite rooms
available for booth personal and speakers.  So there was really no need
to sit at the booth hacking.

i think one table and a few ( no more than 4) chairs would be apropriate... as this booth looks pretty small.

bye,

Michael.