[LT Infomail#6] Exhibition Plan, Beverages Bar, Tables, AKK - Debian
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Maik.Zumstrull@gmx.de, firstname.lastname@example.org, DanielKasten@web.de, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [LT Infomail#6] Exhibition Plan, Beverages Bar, Tables, AKK - Debian
- From: Martin Schulze <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 15:41:54 +0200 (CEST)
- Message-id: <20050601134154.241E3366B90@luonnotar.infodrom.org>
[ available in a couple of hours ]
1. Exhibition Plan
Last weekend until today I've spent quite some hours on working on
the exhibition plan in order to arrange all of your booths. With
regards to the exhibiting projects the exhibition plan has now been
finalised. Even for commercial booths the exhibition is more or
less fixed as well.
About half of the projects will have their booth in the ground
floor of the conference building (Stadthalle) while the other half
will be in the Gartenhalle next to the commercial booths. I have
created maps of both locations so you can get an idea of where your
booth is located. The booth numbers are also visible in the
Exhibition plan for the Stadthalle: PNG, EPS, PS.
Exhibition plan for the Gartenhalle: PNG, EPS, PS, PDF (full).
2. Beverages Bar
I've heard that some booths plan to hand visitors fluids of one
kind or another. Please ensure that this doesn't turn your booth
into a beverages bar. This would actually cause a lot of problems
because there's a default caterer and that company is the only one
that is allowed to sell beverages at the exhibition center. They
will get angry and try legal tricks if they feel somebody is
poaching in their territory.
It is no problem to provide a cup of coffee or a glass of water to
visitors inside the booth who are talking to you and stuff. Things
just shouldn't take overhand.
3. Tables and high Desks
Please note that we can only provide regular conference tables
(130cm wide, 65cm deep and 75cm high) and conference chairs. We
don't have any other furniture this year. The general rule is that
a booth size of 9qm justifies two tables and four chairs. We are
not sure if we manage to get more tables. So, if you need more
tables and you are able to take some with you, please do so.
In general it is possible to rent additional furniture but that
will cost quite some money which could be saved otherwise. If you
believe you need to do this, please get in touch with me.
4. AKK filled up
Some of you may have noticed already that you cannot register for a
sleeping space in the AKK anymore. This is because the AKK is
already filled up. This means a total of 80 people for at least one
night. This already implies jam like situations in the morning.
There is still the outer side of the AKK, a tribune with a ceiling
above. This has been used in past years as well and proved to
provide fresh clean air as well. So, not everything is lost as long
as not too many of you still need a place at the AKK site.