Re: FOSDEM Booth

Hallo Roland,

Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
David N. Welton wrote:

I am citizen of the US, though, so I do (as far as I know).  Mine is
about to expire, and I know they always ask for it at checkin time on
the plane...

I'm aware that you are an American citizen, but I'm still pretty sure
that you don't need a passport to travel within the EU once you're
there. Since there aren't any proper borders anymore, there would at
least be no way to enforce that...

I believe this depends on the countries participating in the Schengen Agreement (so UK is a special case, for example), and on their visa regulations with respect to your home country and country you live in (regional terrorism and immigration scares) if you're not a citizen of one of the EU or Schengen Agreements countries (a subset of EU, afaik).

cheers,
dalibor topic
(traded in my stateless status for a EU citizenship and never looked back ;)