Re: status update LT 2003 CD

Joerg Wendland <joergland@debian.org> writes:

>> No.  However, as a compromise you could place a sources.list.addons in
>> /etc/apt/ and tell people about it.  We could also spend a paragraph
>> in the README or index.html to link against apt-get.org so people can
>> search for packages there as well.
> Why not apply a small patch against apt-setup and let the installing
> user choose? A simpler approach could be a required package asking the
> user (beneath an explanation of the risks) if she wants to use unofficial
> sources.

base-config package. Simply add a small shell script there that does
the thing. Use of debconf, ask "Do you want some additional
sources.list entries" and if yes simply insert them.
(I changed base-config on the LT2002 CD. Its simply, the things in it are
just numbered shell scripts using debconf. Well, the things important
for this :) ).

--
bye Joerg
Die Dicke zum Spiegel: Spieglein, Spieglein an der Wand, wer ist die