Re: proposal for LT2003 (first draft)

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 07:21:15PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:

> - - 2 "eyes catcher"

sounds good

> - - 1 box (or more if possible) dedicated for kids where they can play with
>   games from the DebianEDU project is a must. Even with "geeks" show up
>   with wives and children.

This might pose a problem due to a current change in German law regarding
the presentation of games to minors without prior age rating done by
government officials or related organizations. We are not yet sure in how
far the games in Debian are really affected by that, but at least it
is something to keep in mind.

> - - N different archs.
>   Of course having a lot different archs would be nice but take into
>   account what you can really show with them (specially if they are a bit
>   slow....)
>   For this reason I suggest to use the "slower" ones as workstation. For
>   sure people will ask if they can read their emails or to get access to
>   the net.
>   The "faster" ones can be use to show things on demand and answers to
>   users/people questions.

Besides this (at least if everything works out as planned) there will be a
Linux ports booth again, which usually shows a bunch of architectures
running Debian - we had alpha, arm, hppa, mips, mipsel, ppc and sparc last
year.

Regards,
Karsten
--